WHAT CAN I RECYCLE?
Almost everything! It’s amazing how many items can be reused or recycled, and likely that you’ve come in contact with a handful of them even today.
Common items to recycle:
- Glass bottles and containers, such as water bottles, wine bottles, or jars
- Plastic bottles and containers, such as milk jugs, soap bottles, and yogurt tubs
- Plastic items such as cutlery, disposable plates, and blister packaging
- Metal containers like food cans and soda cans
- Metal items like aluminum, scrap metal, and wire
- Paper items like newspaper, magazines, documents, receipts, and cardboard
- Batteries for both electronics and vehicles
- Personal electronics including phones and computers
- Appliances including microwaves and refrigerators
Recycling centers can help you recycle confidently and correctly every time.
RECYCLING BEST PRACTICES
Clean your containers
Handle glass & sharp metal with care
Don’t throw out pop tabs & lids
Bring reusable bags to the grocery store
Help save forests by subscribing to online news
Get a professional service to handle your recycling
Put food-stained cardboard into compost
Reuse or recycle bottles
Ditch plastic straws and takeout cutlery in favor of reusable utensils